Tuesday, December 29, 2009

MARY, MY LADY FAIR


Look! Look up yonder in the sky, the silhouetted sky

Where, where? that May flower fair
Twinkles in its twilight, glist'ning on her golden hair
Mary fair, Mother of world's wondering air
Charm! That overflowing beauty grace, of whole human race,
God's masterpiece, mirrors that heavenly peace
That holy hallowed me, hailed the Almighty face
Her descending light sits on the Queen's place
Her peaceful peace cases hearts crease
To you lovely one, my holy one, my only one
I fly.

Her all, her all, she, everywhere, surrounds me
The rocks, the shocks, tremble before her beauty
Ships bid farewell, for you made maiden
O fairest, fairness, flarest bright heaven's haven
Mould my mind, most maiden's choice
my sweet lady's voice,
before it, breathe Me, Mother of wondering air.
Nature's sound, the wisp of wind despair?
You lovely, dainty dale, look, look up and see!
See? Age unending behold your youthful gaiety
An everlasting YOU - O Mary, my fair lady,
my Mothering motherly air, through all eternity!

Bro. George Celis, SDB

Taken from The Bosconian Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment